All this on a polo field April 2, 1997 (and more)
Oh solo mio!
Greetings Park denizens! Yours Verly is back from a glorious tropical Easter. Last Thursday, I packed up the twirl-a-girl carry on, grabbed my I-Heart-Jesus travel scarf, and winged my way down to the islands for a quick visit and concert with the only, greatest tenor in the world, Mr. Luciano Pavarotti.
Oh! Well, Mr. P is looking well. He seems to have lost some weight and his English is so much better than the last time. It was a glorious evening under the stars and comets, on the polo grounds. Movie stars, sports celebs and government officials...but you know me, not one to name drop! I am sure that you can all read about it in the society section of „Helloš magazine! I did get a lovely air kiss from the US ambassador to Barbados. She is from Raleighwood and loves to catch up the news from the trailer park!
Some thoughts on the evening!
Well gotta run! Debbe, I am a little worried about you, please write. Your job as a web designer and sudden move to San Diego has me a little scared!
Gretchen (who was on the plane with me to Miami), is also a little
concerned! Happy birthday to all of you and write me at Verlene@datalounge.com with the latest gossip! Local news next week? Maybe! Thanks for the fun time Veronica!
- Never organize a buffet dinner with Pavarotti. What were these people thinking?
- If my father lends you his binoculars, give them back, no matter how cute the flautist!
- Remind you mother that a good Margarita does not have ł a blender full of tequila. Now I know where I get it from! As they say in the islands, "Orange tree don't bear limes".
- Organize your Chauffeur well in advance else you may end up arriving via a minibus sitting on patio furniture. A little embarrassing with all the limos etc.
- Do not tease your catholic god mother, by telling her that the comet might also contain the Virgin Mary.
- No matter how much wine you have had, do not "sing along" when Mr. P is singing. You will be told to shut up!
- If you are in the cheap seats, do not expect much for your "Hors d'oevre platter". Melon, wrapped in Procuitto ain't all that.
- If you are going to the islands: Locals; try and look as American as possible, Tourists; try and look as local as possible. NOTE: Not a single local wears a wide brimmed straw hat, sandals and socks.